L2Archage Forum

News:

• Welcome to L2Archage!
  • The ALPHA TEST Period has started! Join us!
  • You TEST it, you SHAPE it!

News

The ALPHA TEST Period has started! Join us!

- Shoutbox

Changing Features

mercilec · 121

Users currently browsing this topic:

Offline mercilec

• Archage Player
  • Vagabond
    • View Profile
on: October 08, 2019, 12:30:28 PM
1)Make any sort of buff removing effect return the buffs after some seconds instead of removing them permanently. Many servers have this already.
I played like 7 years of retail and one of the worst thing was to be left out of basic buffs (such as WW for melee) in the middle of a fight. Basically becoming totally useless and being kite forever to a slow death. This is just an example. To me this feature is crucial because L2 is a game based on buffs. Without buffs you are nothing.

2)Reducing the duration of debuffs.
In retail, if u get paralyzed once, u can consider yourself dead. Think that Paralyze lasts 1 or 2 min? there is no other game out there where a strong effect such as paralyze lasts ONE MINUTE in pvp. Which is absurd if u think about it, **death result due to just one skill**.
So this suggestion basically says: strong debuffs that **totally** disable you (call them absolute disables), like Paralyze, Stun etc should last 2-3 seconds max.
Medium debuffs like Roots, Silences, Vortexes etc should last 3-4 seconds.
Low debuffs like Hex, Cripple, Judgement etc should last 6-8 seconds.

3)Reducing the critical damage of **auto attacks for ALL classes**. (this one is crucial and i will explain why).
Retail L2 plays around critical dmg due to buffs+items+skills which results as most fighter skills, such as Judgement, Sting etc etc being unworthy for use. Why spend time using Sting when it will deal 300 dmg (and if it lands) when u can simply spend that time landing 2 hits with a chance to deal critical of 2k dmg?
So what i suggest here is to reduce the AUTO ATTACK critical dmg across the board, on all classes at least 50%. This will result in a game thats not based ONLY on auto attacks and will make some skills more use able.
Even low skills like Power Strike (if boosted a little bit) can be use able.

4)Reduce the overall buff slots (when I say overall I mean buffs+d+s+everything else) to 22 or max 26. Why do I suggest this? Because with limited buff slots build options for each class can start becoming a thing. For example, one Dark Avenger may choose to go to fights with offensive buffs, while another  DA with defensive buffs and some other DA may choose the buffs for his choice for his own reasons (maybe wants to hunt Mages or something, dunno).
So to conclude this will make 1v1 but EVEN MORE mass pvps A LOT more interesting, a lot more diverse, since facing 2 DAs may simply not be the same deal at all! This will take mass pvp to another lvl.

5)Self buffs should not take buff slot. Because there are classes with a  few self buffs and others with many self buffs.
Also, some classes use more buff slots than others. Classes like Shillien Templar and Dark Avenger use 3 type of buffs. Tank buffs, Mage buffs and Fighter buffs which means they should get +2 extra buff slots.
Mages use 2 type of buffs, Mage buffs and Shield buffs, which means they should get +1 extra buff slot.
And lastly classes like Gladies, Tyrants, Daggers, Archers etc use only Fighter buffs, which means they should NOT  get any extra buff slot.

L2Archage User

Online Nightwolf

• Web Developer
  • Developer
  • Viscount
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 12:51:39 PM
thank you for your reply, moved to suggestion box ;D

Gamers never die, they just respawn!

Online GmEmmrahil

• Global Moderator
  • Vassal
  • TheLegendary
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 11:38:44 AM
1)Make any sort of buff removing effect return the buffs after some seconds instead of removing them permanently. Many servers have this already.
I played like 7 years of retail and one of the worst thing was to be left out of basic buffs (such as WW for melee) in the middle of a fight. Basically becoming totally useless and being kite forever to a slow death. This is just an example. To me this feature is crucial because L2 is a game based on buffs. Without buffs you are nothing.

2)Reducing the duration of debuffs.
In retail, if u get paralyzed once, u can consider yourself dead. Think that Paralyze lasts 1 or 2 min? there is no other game out there where a strong effect such as paralyze lasts ONE MINUTE in pvp. Which is absurd if u think about it, **death result due to just one skill**.
So this suggestion basically says: strong debuffs that **totally** disable you (call them absolute disables), like Paralyze, Stun etc should last 2-3 seconds max.
Medium debuffs like Roots, Silences, Vortexes etc should last 3-4 seconds.
Low debuffs like Hex, Cripple, Judgement etc should last 6-8 seconds.

3)Reducing the critical damage of **auto attacks for ALL classes**. (this one is crucial and i will explain why).
Retail L2 plays around critical dmg due to buffs+items+skills which results as most fighter skills, such as Judgement, Sting etc etc being unworthy for use. Why spend time using Sting when it will deal 300 dmg (and if it lands) when u can simply spend that time landing 2 hits with a chance to deal critical of 2k dmg?
So what i suggest here is to reduce the AUTO ATTACK critical dmg across the board, on all classes at least 50%. This will result in a game thats not based ONLY on auto attacks and will make some skills more use able.
Even low skills like Power Strike (if boosted a little bit) can be use able.

4)Reduce the overall buff slots (when I say overall I mean buffs+d+s+everything else) to 22 or max 26. Why do I suggest this? Because with limited buff slots build options for each class can start becoming a thing. For example, one Dark Avenger may choose to go to fights with offensive buffs, while another  DA with defensive buffs and some other DA may choose the buffs for his choice for his own reasons (maybe wants to hunt Mages or something, dunno).
So to conclude this will make 1v1 but EVEN MORE mass pvps A LOT more interesting, a lot more diverse, since facing 2 DAs may simply not be the same deal at all! This will take mass pvp to another lvl.

5)Self buffs should not take buff slot. Because there are classes with a  few self buffs and others with many self buffs.
Also, some classes use more buff slots than others. Classes like Shillien Templar and Dark Avenger use 3 type of buffs. Tank buffs, Mage buffs and Fighter buffs which means they should get +2 extra buff slots.
Mages use 2 type of buffs, Mage buffs and Shield buffs, which means they should get +1 extra buff slot.
And lastly classes like Gladies, Tyrants, Daggers, Archers etc use only Fighter buffs, which means they should NOT  get any extra buff slot.

Thank you for your contribution to our Project. I can assure you  that our Developing Staff read and speak about each individual suggestion Testers make in Forum/Discord/Private Messages.Of course majority of final decisions will take place in the end of Testing Period after we read and hear all the suggestions Testers made. A thing you should keep in mind is that our main guideline when comes to classes and skills is Official but we will make some changes without changing the general direction of the game.

Now more specific some answers to your suggestions

1) We think that Canceling of Buffs (which is an effect various skills of various classes have, Sps/Sorc Cancel-ToD of HK an SK etc etc) is balanced after the general nerf that happened in the early Cronicles of the game. It removes a small amount of buffs and its cooldown is greatly increased.Returning the buffs after a short amount of time is not something we favor at least at this point.

2) We consider to reduce the duration of certain debuffs. Keep in mind that in Hi5 majority of debuffs dont have a standard duration, and its duration is effected from other factors. For example Stun has a very short duration (1 to 3 seconds) if you get attacked on its duration time. Still duration of certain debuffs will be reduced.

3)That is not something we plan to do. Keep in mind that gearing up your character wont be an easy job and will require LOTS of PvP. The only source of Adena in game will be PvP (assists will also give you Adena) and trust me be top gear will be a HARD job. Also let me point out that weapons/jewels/armors etc WONT be donatable. So the idea of a Server with fully geared people with 5/5 epic jewels and +++ Dragonic Bows/Arcana Maces running around and one shot people wont be a thing in L2Archage.

4)We will reduce the max buff slots. Number of maximum buffs is something we still discuss.Your suggestion is interesting, keep in mind tho that each Fraction will have access ONLY to the buffs its classes can do. For example Elven side wont have Dances, Shilen side wont have Songs etc. That is something we bear in mind and we still try to figure out which will be the ideal amount of buff slots.

5)Considering we still didnt decide the number of buff slots , we cant be sure if self buffs will take a slot or no.That is highly conected to the max buff slots as you can understand.What i can tell you for sure is that our Goal is to make players choose carefully before picking buffs since the maximum amount will not allow them get all the buffs their Fraction+Self Buffs can offer them

Thank you again for your contribution to our Testing and i can assure you that all the suggestions are things we read with great assiduity.

Offline Sanctus

• Archage Player
  • Vagabond
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 12:53:55 AM
Do not even CONSIDER TO ACCEPT THIS MONKEYS SUGGESTIONS

@mercilec , the retard who roam maxcheaters , pm'ing every admin , Asking to nerf Fighter AUTO ATTACKS , and Cancel

Just gtfo .

L2Archage User